Friday, May 30, 2008

Chapter 6



"I'm sorry Eleven, you've brought this on yourself."
"But Mr. K! I can do this, I'm still willing to learn!"
"Well, you've had your chances, and you've taken none. It's most unlikely you would pass. You MUST come to class, you cannot afford to miss any more."
"... I'll be there. You'll see."
"No. What I want to see is your effort," Mr. K said, "Here, take this."
"What is it?" Elven asked.
"If you can tell me what the shape this is, then you are welcome to join my class."
"Well that's easy! It's not a shape! It's a bunch of numbers and letters!"
"You see Eleven, you haven't been paying attention one bit."
"Aww man!" exclaimed Eleven, "No problem. It'll be done by next morning!"

Eleven then rushed home and put on his thinking cap.

"Eureka! It's an ellipse! IN YOUR FACE MR. K!"
Eleven dances in circles and has his little moment of celebration until the paper flips around. Eleven slowly reads ...
"P.S."

.."I already don't like the sound of that." thought Eleven.

"I'm sure you have found what the shape is. Now the real question is have you found:
-The standard form
-The major axis
-The minor axis
-The center
-The foci
-The vertices
Are you able to graph this shape?"

"CURSE YOU MR. K! CURSE YOUUU! What the heck is a 'foci'!? "

Eleven dug his nails in his head in fustration, realizing Mr. K was undefeatable. Then the moment of truth came! He knew exactly what to do. He quickly dialed the digits of Captain Jabbamathee.

"Captain Jabbamathee, please defeat the evil Mr. K!"
"Woah-woah-woah, slow down there son. I do math problems, not super villain fighting."
"Yes! I mean exactly that please -" Eleven was cut off by a knock on his door room. He ran to get it.
"CAPTAIN JABBAMATHEE?! HOW, WHA-" surprised, Eleven quickly shown Captain Jabbamathee the questions without asking questions.
Captain Jabbamathee turned dull, "it's an ellipse ..."
"No! No! Turn the page around!" explained Eleven.
"Ah I see, I was tricked. Not bad, not bad. It's simple, let me show you your steps to your success."


No comments: