Friday, May 30, 2008

Chapter 2

It's Monday, beginning of the week, about as favorite a day as the day an "F" appears on a report card. It's a tough day at school like all Mondays. huge test coming up and Amanda needs some help, quick. Realizing how helpless she is in trigonometric identities, she needs some quick pointers.
"Hey, you don't look so energetic today, what's wrong?" Amanda's dad says as he walks into the room.
"I have a huge test on trigonometric identities tomorrow, and I have no idea where to start." Amanda replies.
"I would help you on this tr-i-i-go-no-met-ry iden-ti-something something, but I obviously can't even help you say it" Amanda's dads says laughing.
Amanda giggles, "dad, you're hopeless."
"Yeah, haha, I know. Although I have a co-worker who phoned some super tutor for his son, seemed to everything. He's a wiz." Amanda's dad replies.
"Is this 'wiz' a weirdo, or what?" She replies hesitantly.
"Haha... ...but if you need the help..." her dad replies.
"Alright dad, I get it, make the call." Amanda chuckles. "Thanks dad."
"Yeah, anything for my little girl!" Her dad says quickly as he rushes out the door.
"Ew! Dad!" Amanda yells, as she throws a pillow at the door.

5 minutes later, there's a doorbell and of course it's Captain Jabbamathee! Amanda rushes to the door.
"Oh, you must be Captain Jabba-whatsit.." Amanda says.
"Jabbaamathee, yes, here for you're success." replies Captain Jabbamathee.
"Alright, come in. Here's the question. It's on trig. identities." as Amanda hands over the paper.
Captain Jabbamathee observes the paper:
a) (secθ/tanθ) + (cscθ/cotθ) = cscθ + secθ
b) sinα = 3/5 cosβ = (-12)/13 cosα <> 0
Find tan(α + β)

"This seems easy enough, I'll show you your steps to success." Captain Jabbamathee says excitedly.



No comments: